Frequently Asked Questions
You should come prepared to be photographed for the yearbook and cap and gown with a simple plain t-shirt for boys, or a spaghetti strap/tube top for girls.
Our sessions can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on your outfit changes.
You session fee does not include any prints or packages.
- Get PLENTY of sleep before your appointment. Beauty sleep is a real thing! No one wants to look exhausted and stressed out in their pictures. This will help you feel and look your best.
- A healthy glow looks great, but don’t overdo it. Sunburns don’t photograph well. Ladies, be careful of tan lines. They can be a distraction on the drape pose and take away from your photos. We do offer retouching for an additional charge to remove them.
- Keep your nails clean! If you paint your nails, make sure they’re done well for your session. Several of the poses will show your hands. Avoid colors that will be distracting or may not work with all your outfits.
- Hair style is your responsibility. Although we try to help with hair, it is hard for us to know what your hair is supposed to look like. It is a bad idea to make drastic changes to your hairstyle right before your photo session. We recommend getting your hair cut a week before your appointment. Bring hair spray and a brush to your session for any hair touch-ups that might be needed. We provide mirrors at every portrait station for last minute checks.
- Casual Photos are the photos that really bring out your personality. Make sure you’re comfortable in your clothing and that it flatters you. Most people will want to avoid stripes and plaid. Solid colors photograph much better than busy patterns. Girls, don’t be afraid to bring a dress! Dresses are a great way to add a unique touch to your portraits. However, sleeveless outfits aren’t always flattering, and can sometimes give the appearance of nudity in close up shots (oh no!!). That said, please use your own judgement. Group your outfits together on hangers. Make sure items are clean, ironed and ready to wear.
- Bring PROPS! If you have a letter jacket and/or senior ring, bring them! They are the trademarks of your senior year! Of course you’ll want at least a few photos with them. Make a checklist of things to bring with you for your photo session, and don’t forget these! Some popular choices are sports equipment (uniforms, soccer ball, basketball, softball bat, etc.), favorite team jersey, musical instruments, and any activity related items (dance, art, school clubs, etc.).
- Keep jewelry simple. Big, shiny jewelry can distract from the photo. It can also run the risk of dating the photos. Classic pieces work best. If you are changing your jewelry with each outfit, place it in bags with the hangers of each outfit so you won’t risk all the planning you did on the front end. We offer to let you borrow a set of pearls to give your photos a timeless look. They look great with the drape photos.
If you have a twin or sibling in the same class, bring them along to double the fun! We can do a few sibling pictures if requested.
- Weapons, such as for Archery or Rifle Teams, in addition to any knives/swords/etc.
Remember that we’re on school property, so if you can’t bring it with you on a normal school day, you definitely need to confirm with the school before bringing it to your session.
A $10 retake charge may be required at the time of photography.
Our Basic Facial Retouching is applied to every image that you order, free of charge. This will cover facial blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles, and evening out skin tone. This will take care of almost all of our seniors’ retouching needs. If your student needs something a little extra, we also offer Additional retouching. This is a paid service on a per image basis. This would be for things like stray hair removal, glass glare, tan line removal, tattoo removal, etc.
If you do not select an image before your school’s posted deadline, we will choose an image for you. We try to choose the best one, but we can’t guarantee that it will be the one YOU want!
Additionally, all photos will be available online after picture day. You are welcome to view and order from here.
Graduation and Events
We try to photograph everyone for each type of “shot”, but this is a fast-paced event with lots of room for error. Therefore we cannot guarantee that we will have a photo of each shot for every student.
Once the event is over, we’ll upload all the photos online for you to view and order.
We also accept payment plans for SENIOR orders only. Please contact us if you’re interested in doing a flex-pay payment plan.